Tips for your Berlin weekend
Last weekend Berlin leuchtet (Berlin’s glowing) started to illuminate a number of major landmarks, this weeks Festival of Light’s official opening adds some more. To see all the best illuminations on one tour, you just need to join our inofficial „lightseeing“ bike tours.
On Sunday we offer another highlight, the 2nd installment of our Science City tour with a visit to the planetarium at the end. Tickets are just 19 € – although our „lectures“ will be in German this time.
Party in Berlin
- Berlin Boom Orchestra, every Berliner’s favorite conscious Reggae band are presenting their upcoming 2019 album at Badehaus on Friday.
- Gretchen is still celebrating their 7-year-anniversary on Saturday, the ReCycle series though has been around for way longer than that, having successfully moved from legendary ICON to the new venue in X-Berg. Highlight of the evening will be a rare set by Hospital records producer Danny Byrd (see soundcloud player below).
- Ritter Butzke is inviting you „Into the desert“ on Saturday with a bunch of Electro DJs and Live acts – and, you know, they have a super-relaxed door policy as long as you behave yourself and bring a good vibe.
- Lido is hosting the Skappointment Festival on Saturday, once again proving that Berlin is Germany’s Ska capital.
- Xavier Omär is one of those producers that keep defying every effort to put them in any fixed genre drawer, citing influences as different as Arcade Fire and Kanye. This means he’ll feel right at home at Kantine Berghain on Sunday.
- Kodaline is pure Indie in the best sense – personal, handmade and heartfelt songs about love and loss. Sunday at Astra.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von w.soundcloud.com zu laden.
Arty in Berlin
- By now, I probably don’T have to introduce the Unverblümt cultural expeditions in Wedding. This months installment brings you a imro-dance workshop, a jazzy Mozart concert, an action-reading and a trip hop concert – all for free, all completely independent.
- If you’re a movie buff, Saturday at Babylon Mitte is always a good choice. You get to watch old silent movies with live music from one of only three remaining cinema organs still in use -worldwide, and the best thing is: it’s free.
- These days Nico & the Navigators are a well-established dance compagnie, 20 years ago they were just taking to the stage and their residency at Sophiensaele was a kind of kickstarter for their careers. Now they’re returning to Berlin as part of a collaboration with Kampnagel Hamburg to look back and explore The Future of Yesterday.
- Our neighbours at Ramba Zamba theatre created a theatrical collage as an hommage to Basquiat, the hyper-sensitive and -creative darling of New York’s artsy high society, that died 30 years ago in mealstrom of drugs, racism and expressionism. Heroes – Mythos Basquiat, just for one day.
- The 12th edition of Berlin Graphic Days has moved from UrbanSpree to X Lane, not far from Kotti. More than 60 designers and artists will present and sell their work, complemented by live paintings, music and food/drinks. Definitely one of the best sources to buy original art from Berlin, with a working-class budget.
Other Things to Do in Berlin
- Kabaret Kalashnikov is a wild, kind of burlesque tour de force with juggling, slapstick, acrobats, comedy and music, all blending together for a Wild Vodka Variety Show at Säälchen all three days of the upcoming weekend.
- On a weekend like this, with a glowing Indian Summer, the Insel at Treptower Park is the perfect destination for a fall bike-tour or stroll Good thing, they have their annual Fall festival on Sunday.