Tips for your Berlin weekend
After an exciting and rather busy weekend involving our special tours for Berlin Mural Fest and a bike tour from Berlin to Potsdam with 300 cyclists it feels a bit strange to not be involved in anything this weekend. Especially because last year we did tours for art.spring which is starting again on Friday. In the whole area of Pankow, Weissensee and Prenzlauer Berg artists will open their studios for the public, show new works and generally be available. Of course there will be happenings, food, drink, music – and an award. So grab a bike and explore. Before you go all artsy though you might enjoy this month’s Critical Mass.
Party in Berlin
- If you like Stoner Rock, you will absolutely love Sleep, that are performing their first album in nearly 20 years with a concert at SO36.
- I know, it says „Sold out“ but just the tiny chance to see Bonobo should is definitely enough to head over to Velodrom on Saturday to try and get a ticket regardless.
- Lovers of rare soul music should consider a trip to PrivatClub for their Hip City Soul Club
- Playground at IPSE features a set/gig by French trip-hop pioneers Cassius (formerly LA Funk Mob).
- Friends of old-school Ska and Rocksteady will be served at RudeboyDreamsSundayReggaeSession at Bierhaus Urban.
- Mothers Finest at Griessmühle feat. Errorsmith Live, Pangaea and Willow.
- The Upcoming Recycle session at Gretchen is a real burner this time. Box 1 houses Soul in Motion from London including deep-bass guru Dillinja, while in Box 2 the dangerous drums collective with Tanith (yes he of 90’s techno fame) and ED 2000 will serve the city’s finest drum&bass.
- Texture at ://about blank is hosting Deejay Astral, Shedbug and Who’s Susan to prolong your weekend cruise into Monday morning.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von w.soundcloud.com zu laden.
Arty in Berlin
- The Wandering is an opera-like collage based on James Joyce’s Ulysses turning it into a contemporary Berlin story.
- Performances of No-Thingness explores the post-colonial absence of things that should be there.
- Mein Mond (my moon) is a puppet theatre play about a demon, a girl and a rose that sounds quite beautiful.
Other things to do in Berlin
- Urban Spree is a place well known for it’s exhibition and artsy parties, but this weekend is entirely about ocean-based gluttony during the 4th Berlin Seafood Festival