Tipps for your Berlin weekend
You wouldn’t believe it, looking out your window but spring is definitely and that not only means that we picked up our regular schedule of bike tours again, but it means the first of two majour cycling related trade shows is upon us. Starting Friday evening Berliner Fahrradschau brings you 3 days of bike porn, lifestyle and events to Station Berlin. If you’re unsure if a visit is worth it, our video of BSF 2016 might help with the decision.
Our second highlight this weekend is the opening of an exhibition by fellow bike guide and drone pilot Andrea and her significant other Klaus at Kranbar. The couple just spent four months riding their Bromptons arount south-east Asia, collecting money for charity and shooting about a billion marvelous photos on the way.
Party in Berlin
- Cypress Junkies is the brainchild of Cypress Hill’s Eric Bobo on percussions and turntabelism hero Rhettmatic. Together they perform eclectic sets that range from Hip Hop via Salsa and Afrobeats to House and Breakbeats. Garantueed to be a treat. Friday at Musik & Frieden.
- Moabit local hero Der Buttler is celebrating his 1st EP in cult location Kallasch on Saturday.
- Even though the Tekknozid label is nearly 30 years active the crowd at the revitalized party series is surprisingly mixed and many millenials seem to enjoy their no-nonsense old-school approach to techno music. Saturday at Grießmühle, feat. Tanith, Wolle XDP, Der Würfler and ED 2000.
- Kultstätte Keller’s guest this weekend is looping wizard Rico Loop.
- A bit more glamorous and every bit as hedonistic as Tekknozid, Katerblau is hosting Dirty Doering, Der Dritte Raum and others to bring their more housy interpretation of the genre to bear.
Arty in Berlin
- In a couple of weeks Bauhaus Archiv closes down for extensive renovations. Most of the exhibits are already packed and stored, so until April 20th you can experience the building in all its architectural glory without all the distractions a museum brings with it. Final Weeks „Open House“
- BKA and Sigrid Grajek dedicate an evening to Claire Waldoff, the chanteuse was a fixture of Berlin nightlife and an outspoken equality champion. Many of her songs are able to touch nearly a century later.
- Indiebookday celebrates small independent book stores and many of them, like ocelot or Insel, participate with readings and other events.
Other Stuff in Berlin
- Masud Abkarzadeh is Fucking Famous – and very funny, which he proves at UFA-Fabrik on Friday.
- If you like fancy vintage clothes and cycling, Tweedride 2018 on Saturday is almost definitely the right event for you. Dress up in your best roaring 20s costume, grab a bike and take a leisurely ride through the streets of Berlin to the adoration of a million clueless tourist bystanders.