Tips for your weekend in Berlin
This Saturday sees our favorite art-thing taking place again, ArtSpin Berlin 2018 is upon us and we are happy to help out with free bikes, if you want to partake and don’t have a ride. If you have one, you’re still welcome to join us at 4pm to head over to the starting point as a group.
Party in Berlin
- You might never have heard the name Pete Thong, but you almost certainly have heard one of his shows on BBC Radio 1; Essential Mix, probably the most influential radio show of the last two decades. for gigs like the one Friday night, he’ll be bringing his favorite ibiza-style dance tracks to Watergate, whatever that means.
- Ortwin Rau, lovingly called Papa Ortwin by most, was one of the most influentlial figures behind Yaam and therefore the whole Berlin Reggae scene. To celebrate his life and commemorate his all-too-early death, Yaam is holding a musical vigil with many who owe him their chance to perform for a bigger crowd; Barney Millah, DJ Empror, Dirty Ragga Squad, Ganjaman, Mal elevé, David Rodigan, Jahcoustix and many more. Tribute to Ortwin.
- „Nie wieder 20“ (~never again 20) – a sentiment I can get behind without reservation is the motto of MIA’s current tour and on Saturday they are playing at Gärten der Welt.
- Of course Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds is officially sold out, but you might get lucky in front of Waldbühne and score a ticket nonetheless.
- If you are one of the people who simply like all kinds of music and don’t want to stick to the same beat the whole weekend, Privatclubs „Kiss All Hipsters pres. Vintage Fangs“ is your event; from 60s to Post Punk to Indie. Btw: I’m pretty sure it said „kill all hipsters“ the last time they did this, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
- Disconnekt are bringing tr-101 (DJ Pete/Sleeparchive), Esther Dujin, Cressida, Takaaki Itoh and a few more to IPSE.
- 14e juillet de HipHop brings French HipHop culture to Berlin on the day of France’s national holiday with DJing, Beatboxing, Breakdance, Graffiti
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von w.soundcloud.com zu laden.
Arty in Berlin
- „Meat reveals the omnipresent conflict between life and death in human culture.“ At least that’s what it says in the description for the next inter-thematic exhibition at Altes Museum, that explores this strange paradoxon.
- AkteOne is one of Berlin’s top old-school grafitti writers (and rap musicians, although considerably less successful), Friday afternoon he’s celebrating the release of his 1st book at the Kultur-Späti in Friedrichshain. Maybe you can grab an original on the cheap…
- Berlin New York = urban Dictionary is a series of bilingual events bringing artists and curators from the the two cities together. This Saturday American-Berlin poet Ann Cotten shares the stage with poet and literature critic Edwin Frank for a reading of their Unknown Masterpieces
More Things to do in Berlin
- If you were looking for an excuse to dress in a red dress and dance like crazy to Kate Bush’s Wjuthering Heights, look no further, The Most Wuthering Heights Day Ever is being celebrated in Görlitzer Park and 20 other cities worldwide.
- You may have heard about American crawfish taking over local ecosystems. Well, it has its good side as well. On Saturday Markthalle9 celebrates the 1st ever Lousiana style Crawfish boil. For 29,90 € you not only get 1kg of freshly caught crabs from Tiergarten and Brandenburg, but 2 pints of craftbeer, potatoes and other stuff.
- When the first season of BBC’s Planet Earth hit the screen more than a decade ago, it redefined the genre of nature documentaries forever (with all the controversies about staging events, that entails). Now, season 2 has been made and the open air cinema at Hasenheide shows the 2-hour cinema version on Sunday.