Tipps for your extra-long Easter-weekend in Berlin
We hope all of you can properly enjoy a couple of days off, if you have to work, be assured of our eternal thanks. The weather looks halfway promising, so we will probably be hustling all weekend to show you guys our version of Berlin on one of 40 bike tours and hopefully see some of you at Critical Mass. If you’re still in the market for a new ride, the first FlickeN bike market in 2018 is taking place on Saturday. What else there is to do and see:
Party in Berlin
- dvsn (read: division) set off the weekend on Friday with a gig at Bi Nuu, to celebrate their 90s-infused, jazzy R&B.
- Starting thursday Musik & Frieden celebrates Easter with a 3-day-Hip-Hop bender.
- The Toasters have been flying the twotone flag for nearly 40 years, but they still show the youngsters what a Ska party should look like. On Thursday they will bring their unique energy to Cassiopeia, support by Berlin locals The Knattertones.
- Three absolute giants come together for the G3 Guitar-Rock-Festival; Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Uli John Roth.
- Looking forward to dress up? Then „The House of Red Doors“ at Renate is the place for you. The circus is back in town and the carnies are loose for a night of debauchery and colourful clownesques.
- Unpacked is a new worldwide party series. The project starts with a 30 hour rave (as if that was something special in Berlin 😉 They celebrate themselves as „underground elite“, which is not exactly endearing, but the lineup sounds decent and the location they picked – Alte Münze – is very promising.
- And just to prove my point: Sisyphos opens their doors on Thursday evening to close them down on Tuesday. There will be music and cabaret and drinks and drugs and sex and exhaustion.
- We are sick of having to write about clubs closing in Prenzlauer Berg, more so, when it is such an extraordinary place as Bassy Cowboy Club. Before they close down their doors for good, they start a month-long farewell party. Saturday sees a concert by Berlin punk-rock combo Bonsai Kitten.
- Berghains Easter club on Saturday night promises house and techno with just the right combination of melody and toughness.
- Ritter Butzke’s Easter event „Return of the Dark Bunnies“ offers three floors of dancing and performances including gigs by Mousse T., Tom Clark and AUTOBVHN.
Arty in Berlin
- Perlen der Klassik/pearls of classic is a series of concerts in historical buildings that features works by Haydn and Händle at Bodemuseum, schuhmann and Debussy at Köpenick castle and a bunch of other promising concerts in extraordinary locations that add a certain flair.
- DHM (German History Museum) is selling catalogues, posters and the like for cheap to make room in their shop. Good opportunity to get all the coffee-table books you can leave lying around to distinguish yourself from your oafish guests – or maybe you’re genuinely interested in German history and art, like we are.
- Defying Gravity is the name of a majour exhibtion with the works of Taiyo Onorato & Nico Krebs at Kindl contemporary
Other Stuff in Berlin
- Streetfood auf Achse is a weekly event, right in our headquarter at Kulturbrauerei, opening at noon, you can enjoy handmade tasty delicacies from all over the world right after your Sunday bike tour with us.
- Laughing Spree Comedy is an English-language comedy open mike on one of the boats close to Oberbaumbrücke. Every Monday, free entry.