Tips for your Berlin weekend
This weekend is super-packed with special events that let you take a look behind normally closed doors. Especially the „Lange Nacht der Museen“ (~Long night of museums) is highly anticipated. For just 18€ you gain entrance to 80 museums that are organizing more than 800 events. The whole things lasts until 2 am, and to make the most of it we highly recommend getting a rental bike – even if it is not one of ours.
Have fun, enjoy your weekend in Berlin and ride safe!
Party in Berlin
- Mike Dehnert’s style of Techno and house is a bit gnarlier than the average Berlin DJs (see the soundcloud widget below for an excerpt). for those who can cope with music that is sometimes a bit more complicated than the usual hedonist 4-to-the-floor fare. Saturday at IPSE
- Fat Freddy’s Drop play at the incredible Spandau citadel on Friday. While it has been sold-out for months, you’ll probably be able to score a ticket on sight.
- On Saturday „Zug der Liebe“ (~train of love) rides through Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg. While the organizers hate to be put in the same drawer as Love Parade, that is most definitely the best way to describe the format – but a lot smaller and less carneval like.
- Rock’n’Bowl at Mellowpark celebrates the californian hardcore lifestyle with a Berlin twist: BMX, skateboarding, beer, food and rock-music, all just beside the Spree on Saturday afternoon.
- Legendary D&B Dj and producer storm is playing Gretchen on Saturday for another round of Recylce – Berlin’s finest Drum & Bass. Support by Spectra Soul, Technimatic from the UK and locals N’Dee, Zuurb and Jamie White.
- On Sunday the guys of Ritter Butzke take over the FEZ beach with a new installment of „Draußen ist’s schöner“ (~ it’s nicer outside) featuring Mollono Bass, Kollektiv Ost, Frieda Who? and others.
- Legendary Nu-Jazz pioneers Jazzanova introduce their new album to the Berlin crowd with a DJ set at Klunkerkranich. Perfect weekend finish.
- Like so many clubs before it, Rosi’s has to leave their building by the end of the year and people are saying goodbye. This Saturday will be the last installment of Rhythmized.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von w.soundcloud.com zu laden.
Arty in Berlin
- The unverblümt cultural expiditions in Wedding are always a nice and relaxed way to meet new artists or learn new things. This Friday there’s a short workshop about Ultimate Frisbee, a multimedia reading (~powerpoint presentation) about the fancy cake of truth – a column in German weekly „Die Zeit“ that takes a funny look at statistics like this one, a stop-motion animation and a concert.
- Viva la Wiesenburg celebrates one of the last truly independent large art spaces with a 2-day festival of arts and music.
- Tanz im August is an internationally reknown festival for performative arts and modern dance. It’s still going for about 2 weeks and you can see a huge number of exclusive productions, like Nick Power’s Between Tiny Cities at Sophiensaele this Friday/Saturday.
Other things to do in Berlin
- Saturday sees the start of the Radioeins Parkfest, a weeklong festival at Gleisdreieck that is among the most versatile the city has to offer; concerts, readings, workouts, boule, comedy and a generally nice vibe. One of those things you can just drop by almost anytime and something cool is going down, either for you to participate in or just passively enjoying the fruits of other people’s labour.
- If you want to learn a bit about Berlin’s other half of a medieval twin city and speak German you’ll very much enjoy the summer fest at House of One or to be more precise their free tours at the current archeological dig into Cölln’s earliest past (Sunday).
- Yeah, I know, there’s a gazillion streetfood events in Berlin every weekend and you can probably not take it anymore, but I mean, A Hummus Festival? That has to be good right. Sage Beach on Sunday (nice location anyway – and not as posh as most people think, even though the restaurant is.
- PSD Herzfahrt is an annual event where the bank donates money for every round people cycle around on Tempelhof airfield. So, you can do some good while doing what is one of nicest ways to spend your Sunday anyway – riding a bike 😉
- For the last time before Humboldt Forum (aka the fake castle in Mitte) opens their construction site for the public before the grand opening at the end of 2019.
- If you’re more into politics, Saturday is „Open House Day of the federal government„, who knows, you might even meet Angie if she’s back from the Kaukasus by then. At least you can take a look at her and other’s bigwig offices.