Seeing the future of Berlin – “Future Berlin” bike tour
Even Berliners tend to lose track of all the new projects and developments going on in this rapidly changing city. The center of the city sometimes seems like one giant construction site, and hardly a day goes by without the newspaper reporting on some new gigantic building project. We show you on this bike tour the Berlin of the future and bring some order to the chaos.
What’s happening at this giant construction site? Where did they build those adorable little town houses? How do major projects get planned and built? Why are they re-routing this massive street? What exactly is Berlin’s master plan? Where are the next skyscrapers to be built?
Our tour takes you from the giant urban playground that is Mauerpark to the area around Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) where new government buildings, the new headquarters of the BND (German Federal Intelligence Service), and an entire new urban quarter is taking shape on spaces that were once demolished to make way for the Berlin Wall. We visit Germany’s most controversial building project, the complete reconstruction of the Berlin City Palace, and fantasize about utopian plans for the Alexanderplatz. We also tell you exactly why David Hasselhoff sang a song to save the wall.
A bike tour not only for visitors, but great for curious Berliners too.
Impressions of the “Future Berlin” bike tour
Follow your own schedule and take Future Berlin as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour.The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs