19€ + 5€ for bike hire
Here’s a beautiful way to see Berlin on quiet streets – our “Berlin Winter Bicycle Tour”
Going on a guided bike tour in winter is really something special. Of course you have to make sure to dress for the occasion (we recommend lots of layers), but no matter how cold it gets we’ll keep you warm with a) cycling and b) all the stops you need to warm your feet and hands on hot tea or Glühwein (mulled, spiced wine – a German Christmas season tradition).
Places like Brandenburger Tor or Gendarmenmarkt seem eerily deserted in the cold season, compared to the multitudes that swarm the city on a summer’s day. We’ll have the bike lanes more or less to ourselves.
We’ll start our tour with a short ride around our neighborhood of Prenzlauer Berg, with its gentrified “tenants barracks”, its beautiful shops and cozy cafés. Then we go straight to the historical city center with Schlossplatz (city castle), Dom and the baroque glory of Prussia’s kings. Berlin’s spectacular contemporary architecture including the government buildings and the new central station – Hauptbahnhof – are en route as well as some of the last traces of the Berlin Wall. Our dedicated and knowledgeable guides will give you tons of background info on Berlin history and everyday life, before getting you back to our depot after about 3.5 hours. Please make sure you make a reservation, since the tour will only run if we have at least 4 participants. If there’s snow or ice on the roads we won’t run the tour for your safety.
Impressions of the “Berlin Winter Bicycle Tour”
Next dates and booking for “Berlin Winter Tour”
Follow your own schedule and take Berlin Winter Tour as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour.The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs