Canoeing on the Spree in Berlin – canoe tour
Berlin is not only one of the greenest cities in Europe, it’s got lots of water too! Two larger and several smaller rivers, many lakes and endless canals all flow through the city, traversed by more than 2000 bridges. Get ready for a change of pace, boating on the Spree in Treptow.
The starting point is just a few kilometers away from Alexanderplatz, the Insel der Jugend, is accessible by a narrow pedestrian bridge. From here we board the easily maneuverable, 3-person canoes and begin our tour.
100 years ago, the waterways of the city were the bloodstream of the breath-taking growth of Wilhelminian Berlin (the height of the Industrial Era). During this time all kinds of industries utilized and settled along the banks of the city’s many waterways. In GDR days (East Germany), the only amusement park stood on the banks of the Spree. The ruins of the Spreepark can still be seen as the giant Ferris wheel towers over the river. We’ll also see a former East German prison, the broadcasting complex of communist Germany and a cemetery on the water.
Your safety is guaranteed by our well-trained guides. The tour begins with an extensive practice session, safety vests are available upon request.
Impressions of the “Winds of Change” canoe tour
Follow your own schedule and take Canoe Tour as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour.The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs