Discover the Tranquil Side of Berlin
An odyssey through un-discovered and green spaces of Berlin. – Berlin is big, colorful, lively, and sometimes totally stressful. But there is another side of the city, with tranquil courtyards, serene spaces of unusual beauty, and places where strange and funky projects happen that would even surprise many Berlin natives. What kind of tour takes you to places like these? Just take one of our individualized tours of Berlin’s Oases.
All of our guides have their own personal insiders’ tips for green spaces and creative oases in Berlin. Sometimes the tour leads you through parks and along the waterfront, then suddenly you are in a seemingly surreal cityscape where you discover an unexpected little paradise hidden around the corner. Or maybe the bike tour will take you to places where strange and unusual events took place, things you’ll never read in any history book.
African beach bars, parks, courtyards, airfields; our oases tour is full of surprises. Come with us and we’ll show you another side of Berlin, beyond Bradenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz. Always different and always good, our Oases Berlin bike tour is just the thing for the experienced Berlin traveler and a lot of fun for natives!
Impressions of the “Oases of Berlin” bike tour
Follow your own schedule and take Berlins Oases Tour as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour. The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs