Tips for your Berlin weekend
Skalmo in a totally different style
Party in Berlin
- As the traditional precursor to next weeks CSD/BerlinPride -march, the queer street festival around Motzstraße and Nollendorfplatz takes place this weekend. Last year more than 350.000 visitors came to drink, dance and generally celebrate life in all its diversity and queerness, that makes it so interesting.
- Tresor is hosting Deep In The Box for a night of Techno and Deephouse featuring Barbara Preisinger (the person behind the format), Henrik Bergquist and more.
- The Pets Recording label gathers their own acts and friends of the family for an Open Air at IPSE on Saturday; Pets and friends.
- Dancing with tears in my Eyes, the not-to-be-taken-entirely-serious 80s Party at SO36 celebrate its 7th birthday this Saturday.
- For Spätival, five bands tour 5 small late-shops in Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain to celebrate this most ‚Berlin‘ of shopping options, without which countless students, expats and party folk would not survive.
- The upcoming edition of the Grounded Theory series at ELSE, Tommy Four Seven takes to the outdoors.
- Hometown Berlin, the current Street Art Festival behind Zoologischer Garten (there seems to be one going on all the time these days, which isn’t a bad thing, mind you) hosts their own Open Air party. So if you haven’t yet seen the place, Saturday might be a good time to do so.
- The perfect event to sail into the next week is Klunkerkranich’s Jazzy Berlin Sunset Jam. Jazz, rooftop, sunset – what more can you ask of a Sunday?
Arty in Berlin
- Not really sure in what category to put the shows of Ophelia Wilde and Ruby de Cadence at Zum Starken August. It’s queer, its wild and there will be laughs, so whatever it is, it’s probably going to be a lot of fun.
- Heinrich Zille has shaped the picture of everyday Berlin and it’s dark and humorous corners until his death in 1929 more than anyone. Märkisches Museum shows 100s of his lithographies, photos and drawing in a new exhibition; Heinrich Zille – A Reunion.
Other Things To Do in Berlin
- Birgit & Bier is celebrating all things mediterrenean with their Mittelmeer Festival with Seafood, Tapas and More from various streetfood vendors. On Sunday.
- If you don’t neccessarily need food with your drinks, you might enjoy the Craft Gin Festival – although they’ll probably offer edibles as well 😉
- Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon is among the most influential rock albums of all times, not only among stoners. The planetarium combines that with a visually stunning tour through our universe in 360° surround vision.